The Scientific Committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for the 20th Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology Congress (APLAR 2018) held between 6 – 9 September 2018.
Abstract submissions for APLAR 2018 are now open!
Submit your abstract through the online portal by clicking the “SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT” button below.
Individuals who have conducted extensive research in the field of Rheumatology can submit abstracts under the following topics:
- Rheumatoid arthritis prognosis, predictors and outcome
- Rheumatoid arthritis clinical aspects and co-morbidity
- Rheumatoid arthritis anti-TNF therapy
- Rheumatoid arthritis non-TNF biological therapies
- Rheumatoid arthritis non biologic treatment
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogrens and antiphospholipid syndrome therapies
- Systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogrens and antiphospholipid syndrome clinical aspects, comorbidities and complications
- Spondylarthropathies clinical aspects and co-morbidity
- Spondylarthropathies biological and non-biological therapies
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Metabolic bone diseases and crystal-induced diseases
- Systemic vasculitis
- Scleroderma, myositis and related syndromes
- Infection-related rheumatic diseases
- Soft tissue rheumatism
- Pediatric rheumatology
- Behcets disease and miscellaneous rheumatic conditions
- Imaging techniques and diagnosis
- Epidemiology, COPCORD, health care system and pharmacoeconomics
- Rehabilitation for rheumatic diseases
- Advances in pain management
- Basic Science related to Rheumatic Diseases
Allied Health Research Topics
- Occupational therapy
- Psychological intervention and miscellaneous forms of care
- Alternative medicine (eg. acupuncture)
- Case Report
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Abstracts must be written exclusively in English.
- There are 2 modes of presentation: Oral and Poster presentation. The Scientific Committee will identify which abstracts will be selected for oral presentation and which abstracts will be presented as posters.
- Abstract must be limited to 250 words and must be concise and clear, highlighting the most relevant aspects, findings and conclusions. The word limit for the abstract title is 20.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations are not recommended. If otherwise necessary, the latter should be placed in parenthesis after the first appearance of the full word, except for unit symbols. Numeral rather than words may be used to indicate numbers.
- Section breaks are not mandatory.
- References are not required for abstract submission.
- Inclusion in the Congress proceedings is dependent on payment of registration fees.
- The abstract must contain original research material, not be published or presented at any other international congress prior to APLAR 2018. The submitted abstracts will remain property of APLAR 2018 Congress. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to publish and distribute.
- Abstract submissions will close on Friday 6 April 2018.